Cappella Romana's first disc remains as popular as ever. A collection of sacred and secular compositions by Greek-American composer, Tikey Zes, with a cappella choral pieces and two selections with organ accompaniment.
This CD features liturgical works for Pascha (Easter) and the Divine Liturgy sung in elegant polyphonic choral settings. Dr. Zes is the choir director of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in San Jose, California, and is professor emeritus of composition at San Jose State University.
- Great Doxology (mode I)
- Paschal Megalynarion (Mode I)
- Offertory and Communion Hymn for Holy Thursday (Mode Plagal IV)
- Resurrectional Apolytikion (Mode Plagal III)
- Communion Verse for Sundays (Mode Plagal I)
- Communion Verse for Easter (Mode Plagal I)
- Megalynarion for the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom (Mode IV)
- The Troparion of Kassiane (Mode Plagal IV)
- “I Don’t Go To Potamos Any More”
- “Down in the Villages of Valtos”
Full Greek Translations in liner notes